Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 25, 2007 11 pounds in 2 weeks!

Week 3 Day 1
I went for my second evaluation today, and I lost 2 pounds this week, which brings my total loss to 11 pounds in 2 weeks, not bad! 2 pounds was under my goal this week of 4 pounds, but I had a feeling it was going to be like that considering how many times I ate late and all of those dinner parties. Also, this morning I woke up bloated so I’m definitely retaining water weight, probably from all of the carbs I had yesterday.

Shiela, the nutritionist/counselor that saw me today , said I was doing great and since I recognize where my mistakes were to do better this week, and I’m determined to do so!

I’m under a great amount of stress from worrying that I’m not going to be able to finish my research paper because of time constraints. Today I even cried on the way to work because I felt like I don’t have time to be going to work but I can’t just not show up for work, so I went to work and just cried on the way. I hate work lately, I feel like it gets in the way of other more important things in my life (such as the research paper, and working on applications for optometry schools) and I’m not getting too much out of work other than a skimpy paycheck and the 40% discount which I don’t take advantage of too much since I can’t fit in a lot of the clothes we sell. I convinced myself to keep the job so that when I get interviews to the schools I can use my discount to buy the cute and trendy overpriced suits we sell.

I’ve been going to a lot of job interviews lately at different optical places and so far nothing’s positive has come out of that, it’s all very poor pay and less than desirable environments. I’m 23 I have experience and just about have a masters degree, I want a job where my opinion and personal judgment actually matter, in other words I want a job where I have some autonomy and not a place where I get reprimanded for not using the proper greeting when answering the phone. Tomorrow I have an interview to work in an actual optical lab (making glasses and whatever), so I’m expecting the pay to be better and I hope it goes well. If not, I’m going to have to look into some research and teaching positions because at least it’s more my type of environment and not to mention the pay is going to be way better.

In terms of my diet, today was a positive day! I had some shrimp spring rolls from whole foods for lunch, and for dinner I had chicken salad and some soup (early this time!). One bad thing I did is took a couple of bites of chicken that my cooked at night when I got back from work, but it was still a small amount. My total today amounts to 630 calories, 23.5 grams of fat, and 18.5 grams of carbs!

No comments: