Thursday, January 3, 2008

Raw Veggies and Fruits I Ate Today

1 cup of romein lettuce
1/2 of a large cucumber
2 celery stalks

Yea I could have done better than that!

Instead of being conscious of not eating "bad food" I'm finding that lately a more practical approach for me has been to just make sure I squeeze in as much "good food" (specifically raw fruits an veggies) as I can during the day. Of course I realize the importance of being conscious of your overall diet but I'm finding that focusing on eating as much of that bulky, tough, and raw fruits and veggies as I can at the end of the day it was much less mental effort and agony to eat healthy.

Simply put-there's just no room for lay's sour cream & onion potato chips in my mouth or tummy when they're too busy chewing and digesting celery. I'm not sure how long this approach will last but it's been working great the last like......2 days (and counting)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back :)
This is a sure winner approach. Try to keep it up and add some yummy fruits.

Organica said...

My rule usually is:

3 skim/low fat dairy
3 serving of fruit
5 serving of veggies (hard to achieve!)

I love cucumbers, romaine lettuce and broccoli.

amma15 said...

W, I'm not big on fruits but I do eat apples. thanks!

OM, 5 servings of veggies is hard to achieve I'm lucky if I get 3 in!